People often ask “what’s the best blog extension for Joomla?”. Our answer: “how about Joomla itself?”.
We use Joomla for our blog on alledia.com and get 10s of 1000s of visitors every month. Here’s how to set up a blog using Joomla:
- Step 1: Go to Content >> Section Manager and make a section called “Blog”.
- Step 2: Go to Content >> Category Manager and make categories for your blog. Make sure to assign them to the “Blog” category.
- Step 3: Go to Content >> Article Manager and write the first few articles for your blog. When you’re writing each article, be sure to click the “Read More” button at the bottom of the page to insert the red line. This will create an intro text for the article. Everything before the red line will be the intro. To get to the rest of the article, people will need to click “Read More”.
- Step 4: Go to Menus >> Main Menu >> New >> Articles >> Section Blog Layout and choose the “Blog” section that you created in Step 1.
- Step 5: Go to the front of your site and click on the new link. If you don’t like what you see, you can go back to the menu link from Step 4 and change the “Parameters” on the right-hand side. Common things to change are the number of articles on each page and the number of columns.
If you’d like to allow people to leave comments to your blog, click here and follow the instructions.