Perhaps the #1 most common question WordPress we get from beginners is: “How do I change the logo on a theme?”
This tutorial is the answer:
- Step 1: Go and download the Firefox browser, if you haven’t done so yet: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html. Firefox is much better than Internet Explorer or Safari for working on websites.
- Step 2: Start Firefox so that you’re browing the web with it. We’re now going to install an extra toolbar for Firefox. It is called the “Web Developer” toolbar. Visit this page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60
- Step 3: Click “Add to Firefox” and follow the instructions, including restarting Firefox.
- Step 4: The next time you open Firefox, you will see a list of links that starts with “Disable”, “Cookies”, “CSS” and ends in “Options”:
- Step 5: Browse to the website where you want to change the logo. We’re going to use http://wordpress.org for this example.
- Step 6: In the toolbar, click on “Images” which is the 5th link from the left. Then click “View Image Information” from the dropdown.
- Step 7: You will now see a list of all the images on the site.
- Step 8: Scroll down until you see the logo. You will see two pieces of information about it: Location ( http://s.wordpress.org/style/images/wordpress-logo.png ) and Size ( Width = 301 pixels, Height = 52 pixels ).
- Step 9: You need to make a new logo that is the same width and height as the old.
- Step 10: Use your favorite file manager to upload the new logo to the location you found in Step 8. It is better to rename rather than delete the old logo. You could call it logo-backup.png for example.