It seems like a good time to run down where the commercial Joomla world is today. Which areas of the world have the Joomla bug?
Which continent has the most developers? Europe with 68 companies. There’s even a Joomla development company in tiny Andorra. That’s more than twice as many as the Americas which have 32 in North and South combined.
Which country has the most developers? France with 20 companies.
Which city has the most developers? Toronto with 3 companies.
An assortment of other interesting statistics:
- In America, interest in Joomla is mainly along the East and West coasts. We’ve yet to find a developer in the vast majority of Mid-Western states.
- The pattern of companies springing up along the coasts is also true in South America, Africa and (not surprisingly) Australia.
- Joomla is very popular in west Asia, particularly Vietnam and India, but seems to have generated little interest in East Asia, in Korea, China and Japan.
- The most northerly developer is up in Iceland. They have the wonderful domain name: io.is
- The most southerly developer is down in Chile.