This is a great tip from Lowkey over on the Joomla forums. It enables you to track searches made on your site from inside Google Analytics. You can go beyond simply what words people used to search and collect data and where they came from and which pages they viewed.
How to Track Joomla Site Searches with Google Analytics
- Log in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Edit’ under Website Profiles for the profile you would like to enable Site Search for.
- Click ‘Edit’ in the top-right corner of the “Main Website Profile Information”
- Select “Do Track Site Search”.
- Enter “searchword” in “Query Parameter”.
- Select “No, do not strip query parameters out of URL”
Your data will appear in your main Google Analytics report, under the “Content” tab.
More Google Analytics Advice for Joomla
- 5 Great Google Analytics Tips
- Video Explaining Google Analytics Funnels in Joomla
- Video Explaining Google Analytics Goals in Joomla
- Google Analytics Goals in Joomla
- Joomla Statistics – Don’t Turn Your Database Into Another Statistic