I’ve been searching all over for an answer to a question I get asked frequently in Joomla classes:
“How can I resize images as I upload them?”
There are several good answers to this question including:
- The new advanced image manager from JCE ($20)
- Alientation Image Editor (?9.99), basically an image editor installed as a Joomla component.
- Using the JCK Editor (free)
However, while those are good choices for experienced users, they all have drawbacks for beginners:
- They require users to know how large they want the image to be as they upload
- Alienation requires users to log out of the article and go to the component
- All of them require more learning steps for the end-user
What’s The Easiest Joomla Resizing Solution?
Image Resize by Daniel Beck. It works so naturally with the Joomla workflow that users don’t even notice it. Here’s how to use it:
- Step 1: Install the plugin from Joomlaforge.net and enable it.
- Step 2: Go and edit an article.
- Step 3: Click on the image link at the bottom of the article and upload an image.
- Step 4: Insert it into the article. Drag the corners until the image is the size you want it to be.
- Step 5: When you view the article on the frontend, Image Resize automatically creates a thumbnail of the image to your chosen size.
This way beginners are free to edit and resize the images on the fly and as many times as they wish until looks how they want.