Alledia.com had a really great six year run. But, I’ve moved everything over to SteveBurge.com. I moved for several reasons:
1) Urgency. OSTraining traffic is going up, up, up. Visitor numbers are way, way higher than this time last year. I need to move as many sites off that server as possible.
2) Business. “Alledia” isn’t really me any more. It’s a company and one that has very little to do with open source. Alledia Inc. runs AppalachianTrail.com, LakeLanier.com and LakeAllatoona.com. For practical reasons related to #1, we couldn’t use Alledia.com, but the business is now at Alledia.net.
3) A Fresh Start. The Alledia.com old site was full of 10 years of accumulated junk. It dated back to a Mambo installation from 2003 and had been migrated through a couple of domains and Joomla versions until reaching Alledia.com where it grew and mutated for six more years. It was a mess.
4) Clarity. Finally, the purpose of both sites is a lot clearer now:
- Alledia.net can fully represent the Alledia business.
- SteveBurge.com can fully represent me and my ramblings.
Over time I’ll try to move as many of my usernames as possible from alledia to steveburge. This site is a big first step.
Welcome to my new digs!
Housekeeping note: All the old content and comments are here. The URLs are also the same, so all incoming links should still work.