Unlike Joomla or Drupal, WordPress doesn’t have a default contact form. However, there are many good options to choose from.
We’re going to recommend a plugin called “Contact Form 7”.
Installing Contact Form 7
If you have the current version of WordPress, browse to Plugins >> Add New and search for “Contact Form 7”.
If you have an older version, you may need to upload manually:
- Step 1: Go to the Contact Form 7 page on WordPress.org and download the file.
- Step 2: Extract the files into a folder on your desktop. The folder will be called “contact-form-7”
- Step 3: Login to your site’s files via FTP and navigate to /wp-content/plugins/.
- Step 4: Upload the “contact-form-7” folder to /wp-content/plugins/.
Whichever way you do it, go to WordPress Admin >> Plugins and click “Activate” under “Contact Form 7”.
Activating Contact Form 7
Go to a post or a page and paste this code into the editor: [contact-form 1 “Contact form 1”] and click Publish.
If you visit the front of your site you should see a form looking like this:
Configuring Contact Form 7
- Go to WordPress Admin and you’ll see an extra area underneath “Settings” called “Contacts”.
- You’ll see that, as per the contact form you activated, there are 4 fields: Your Name, Your Email, Subject, Your Message. If you’re happy with these, you can just enter your email address at the bottom in the “To” field:
- If you’d like to add more fields to the form, you can click “Generate Tag” on the right of the form:
- If you’d like extra contact forms, click the small “Add new” link at the top of the page.