The main Fireboard site went offline yesterday, promising a relaunch.
Boy, did they deliver … !
Some of the New Site Highlights
- Comprehensive template directory (using their own bestoftemplate component)
- Joomla social news to compete with Joomocracy.com (using the Tutorials component)
- A freelancer site to compete with Joomlancers.com (again, a custom component called projects)
- An area for companies to list their portfolios.
- News that the Clexus Private Messaging component will be reborn as FireMessage.
- Some more stuff I’ve probably missed, plus, oh …… Fireboard too.
The date on some of the new articles is 19 September and so this relaunch must have been several months in the planning. I found at least five new components and several others that have been heavily modified.
Its an very impressive revamp that was handled remarkably smoothly. Best of luck, Best of Joomla!