Yesterday, I read a tutorial by Copyblogger, explaining how to write attention-grabbing blog headlines. So excuse today’s exclamation mark and over enthusiasm in the headline – I’m still practising the secret of better blogging (#2)! Before your patience runs out, here’s a list of our favorite Joomla tutorials showing how you can get rid of frustration once and for all (#5) and how you can build a Joomla website you can be proud of (#9):
- Joomlart.com’s Understanding Joomla / Mambo CSS in 5 minutes. This is good enough to be part of the official documentation. I often give this to designers wanting to learn more about Joomla or clients who want to learn how to modify there own site. Its graphical, its comprehensive, its great.
- Barrie North’s Joomla Template Tutorial. The original and best guide to building a Joomla template from scratch. Its recently been updated for Joomla 1.5 (zip file). Start knowing nothing about Joomla and
- JoomlaTutorials.com. This is a new and improved variation on the Flash tutorials format initially produced by Mambodemo.com. JoomlaTutorials is easier to navigate and less cluttered with ads than its predecessor. They have a large series of clearly explained and useful video tutorials.
- Joe Orr’s How to Install Open-SEF. Not the most comprehensive or most flashy, but perhaps the most important tutorial you can read for your Joomla site. Open-SEF is rapidly becoming such a powerful tool that you really need to look into its features and consider using it on your site.
- Cory Webb’s HowtoJoomla.net. Not really organized, but this is a great site for browsing through and picking up tips and tricks.
Have we missed any? Contact us via the comments form below and we’ll add them to the list.